Where the previous two volumes were more or less random collections of curious curios, our third magic item compilation focuses on the forest and its denizens, both mundane and magical.
Among the nearly forty magic items inside you’ll find:
- A staff that transforms those is slays–and even its wielder if you aren’t careful–into fungus zombies.
- Arrows that can pass unhindered through wood, living and dead.
- A spear that can wind and twist about of its own accord, and transform into a snake.
- A shield that comes to life when you attach it to a tree. It also knows a lot about the forest, if you’ve got the time and patience to listen to it.
- A ring that makes others overlook you, for good or ill, until you make yourself known.
- A scabbard made from the deadly basilisk, which even in death continues to produce a potent venom.
- Mushrooms that allow you to live the memories of the deceased.
- An instrument loud enough to literally wake the trees.
As with 10+ Treasures and 10+ Treasures: Volume II, there’s extensive advice on making your own magic items, as well as clarifications and suggestions on how to tweak some of them to better suit your game.
There are three pdfs with this product (you get all three), each with a different background (or lack thereof) depending on your preferences and needs, such as saving ink if you want to print it out yourself.