I wanted to see if I could write an adventure with a heavy snail theme so this happened.
To get a better idea what’s in store, you can read play reports and see some other bits over here.
By default the adventure takes place in A Sundered World, but it’s stupid-easy to port to another, less gonzo setting (and there’s advice in the back on how to do that).
Other cool things besides the adventure:
- A bunch of new dungeon gear, including slime cannons and rocket packs. Some dungeon gear is featured in A Sundered World, but I wanted this adventure to be usable even if you don’t own the campaign setting (but you totally should).
- A couple new magic items.
- A new magical language for wizards, plus a compendium class that allows non-wizards to learn it (so, again, even if you don’t use ASW or the ASW wizard you can still use it).
- Advice on making a cleric or paladin that serves a snail god.
- Rules for companion NPCs, in case you want something more complex than a hireling, but not as complex as a full-fledged PC.
- A letter-sized PDF that features the dungeon map and overview of each room, so you don’t have to flip back and forth.
There’s also a B&W version of both PDFs, so if you prefer B&W or want to print it out at home and save ink there ya go.